at Loughcrew Estate
Host / Attend
Please click here to register your interest or to ask for any additional information about attending or hosting a retreat at Loughcrew Gardens.
Attend. Host. Embrace.
Retreats at Loughcrew Estate
Loughcrew Estate will be the perfect setting for your retreat in Ireland. Not only does it have beautiful practice spaces and luxury accommodation, it is also close to the ancient megalithic Loughcrew Cairns – known as Sliabh na Cailleach – and is only a 1 hour drive from Dublin airport.
Many groups already use Loughcrew as a place to become grounded and rejuvenated. It enables them to get close to nature and step out of their lives as they know them, before stepping back in more deeply. So, whether you want to host or attend a yoga, meditation, spiritual or walking retreat, or other health and wellness retreat – Loughcrew provides the perfect backdrop for your journey.
We are open to other types of retreat too. Just get in touch to discuss your ideas. We welcome yoga, meditation, health and wellness, mindfulness retreats. Loughcrew is perfect of all kinds of retreats for many reasons, but here are a few key points:
- We can accommodate your retreat guests within the main house, apartments and in glamping yurts in the grounds.
- You could have full use of the beautiful house and courtyard buildings.
- There is a fully equipped commercial kitchen and plenty of communal of dining space.
- Loughcrew offers plenty of outdoor space, including six acres of gardens and amazing views.
- There are lots of social spaces including a courtyard with fire pit.
- The house can be hired on an exclusive, self-catered basis and we have lots of space for your practice. You will be welcome to use our function rooms, the courtyard as well as the garden. If you need help with catering we assist with this too.
- Fore Abbey, The Hill of Uisneach and The Hill of Tara are also spiritually important places nearby. You can use Loughcrew House as your hub for daily practices, dining and getting your well deserved rest, then travel around during the day to these special places.
Extra activities, tours, transport and other activities can also be arranged – just let us know! You will receive help from Emily and her team in planning your retreat and during your stay. They can help arrange solstice and equinox gatherings and they also host seasonal events at the estate, along with other interesting events throughout the year, such as guided walks. Make sure you check out our social media pages to find out what’s on.
We love hosting retreat attendees at Loughcrew and enjoy being a part of your journey. Loughcrew is a warm and welcoming location and you will be sure to feel at ease as soon as you arrive.
Practising your hobby or learning about a new skill in a new location creates a more enlightening experience as you gain new perspectives and understanding. Loughcrew will treat you to beautiful sunsets, warm fires, cosy sofas and gorgeous, fragrant gardens. There are also lots of quiet corners as well as plenty of communal spaces in which you can make friends for life. Retreats at Loughcrew are experiences which will long be remembered.
Global yoga teacher and movement alchemist Shiva Rea hosts an incredible annual retreat at Loughcrew Estate. Shiva is the founder of Prana Vinyasa and global school for living yoga. She enjoys deepening her practice and experience in many countries but loves to visit Ireland to gain insights into about the mythology, ritual and history of this ancient land.