Loughcrew Estate Weddings
Exclusive & Unique
Wedding Venue Co Meath
Steeped in History & Romance
Located just an hour from Dublin, amongst the rolling drumlins of North County Meath, near the town of Oldcastle, Loughcrew House is situated on its own estate surrounded historic gardens & beautiful views across green fields. It is a wholly unique, bohemian venue perfect for your alternative wedding day.
Loughcrew Estate Weddings are tailored to you and your needs. Our wedding coordinator will work with you throughout the wedding planning process and will be on hand on your big day and during your stay at Loughcrew Estate. We will help you to personalise your entire, unique wedding to reflect your own love and partnership.
We only hold a small number of weddings at Loughcrew each year, most of your guests will never have been here before or perhaps they have never even heard about it! A way to surprise your family and friends with an inviting and beautiful space.
The original house was designed and built by the master architect Charles Robert Cockerell back in the 1800’s. What we now call the Main House was in fact the Orangerie where the Naper family grew exotic plants & palms. The house has been lovingly restored by current owner Emily Naper & developed into a bespoke country house venue.
“We had a clear enough idea of the kind of wedding we wanted and Loughcrew was the perfect venue for it. The entire venue was gorgeous and the staff were helpful every step of the way. I had planned our big day almost entirely from abroad but Deborah (the venue coordinator) was extremely helpful and I cant praise her enough for all her help. We had just 50 guests and half of them stayed overnight at the venue (each room was well kept and nicely decorated too). They really enjoyed themselves – from the ceremony at the old chapel to dinner and drinks in the courtyard and also the fire pit through the night. Deborah helped organise a big family breakfast the next morning too. It was a perfect day and I was so happy to have chosen this venue! I will be visiting their cafe on my wedding anniversary just to reminisce over that special day.”Fouz, July 2017
From small intimate weddings of less than 20 guests in the main house, to parties of 140 guests in the banquet hall, to larger marquee weddings; we can accommodate them all here at Loughcrew Estate. We have many spaces and amenities that can be used to facilitate your dream, alternative wedding.
A Wedding Venue with
Privacy, Beauty & Romance
Wedding receptions are held in the Banquet Hall & can accommodate up to 140 people. With its rustic elegant charm, exposed wooden beams and stone walls it lends itself beautifully to hosting the perfect wedding reception. Its high ceilings and original features are the perfect backdrop for creating your own individual dream wedding. Trestle tables and chairs are also provided.
The newly renovated Plunkett’s Bar is also available for your drinks reception and after dinner bar and lounge area. Plunkett’s Bar has an eclectic mix of décor and furniture and retains many of the original stables features. It provides a quirky alternative venue for entertaining your guests.
Our most unique offering for your wedding ceremony is our beautiful church ruin, the family church of St Oliver Plunkett. This provides a stunningly romantic backdrop to your Humanist ceremony, Spiritualist ceremony or civil ceremony – there is nowhere else quite like it! Your guests will be talking about this wedding for years to come if you choose Loughcrew Estate.
“There’s a magical spirit in Loughcrew and we honestly don’t think we could have found it anywhere else! It’s the most idyllic place and it really feels like you’re in another world. Apart from the beautiful setting, Deborah, Emily and all of the team are so obliging. If you want a venue with flexibility and where you can really make your mark, we’d highly recommend it!” Hazel & Andy, August 2018
Our Wedding Packages
Loughcrew House Wedding Packages are tailor-made and can cater for anything from small intimate weddings to large marquee weddings. Our wedding package costs vary as each wedding package is customised to suit the needs of each couple.
Our Packages include:
- Exclusive use of Loughcrew House and Reception Rooms available to hire for 1, 2 or 3 nights.
- Luxury accommodation in Loughcrew House for up to 20 people
- Our Banquet Hall seating up to 140 guests for dinner, including tables, chairs, white linens with ample space outside for larger Marquee weddings
- The use of Plunkett’s Bar & our new drinks Reception rooms, complete with log burning stove
- Our Central Courtyard including outdoor seating, parasols & tables
- St Oliver Plunkett’s Church ruin for your Civil, Humanist or Spiritualist ceremony including white folding chairs & altar
- Beautiful indoor ceremony space in the Palm House or Reception Room ideal for smaller, more intimate gatherings and Elopements
- Bridal Suite for the happy couple comprising a stunning bedroom, dressing room & bathroom
- Dedicated & experienced Wedding Co-Ordinator in the lead-up to and on your Wedding day
- Large Firepit with stock of logs with seating such as haybales that can be sourced for you
- Top of the range outdoor lighting system in the Courtyard ideal fro setting ambience
- Loughcrew Gardens & Historic grounds for your photographs
- Overnight secure parking on site
- Overnight security
- Full public liability insurance
- Midday checkout the following day including Breakfast for all on site guests (up to 28)
- Fresh flowers from the gardens for the house
- Complimentary bottle of Champagne for the Happy Couple
- Outdoor patio area for al fresco dining
- Use of our fine Tennis Court, with rackets and balls provided
The uniqueness of Loughcrew Country House Venue is that each wedding is completely bespoke & we can accommodate any special requests – just ask!
Your Day, Your Way at Loughcrew Estate
Additional Wedding Services
We also have additional wedding services and facilities that can be added to your wedding package for the day before or after your wedding day. These include:
- Pre-wedding Dinner, Wedding Brunch or an extra meals/catering you would like
- Afternoon tea or Drinks Reception for family the day before
- Glamping option including Bell Tents can be arranged for quirky guest accommodation
- Adventure Centre Activities for some family bonding!
- Courtyard accommodation – Sleeps up to 5 persons.
- Stable Lodge accommodation – Sleeps up to 6 persons.
Loughcrew House consists of 9 bedrooms sleeping up to 17 people. Each room is individually designed with an eclectic mix of bohemian style and quirky furnishings. The Bridal Suite is secluded from the rest of the house allowing total privacy for the bride to be and the couple. Our accommodation is finished to the highest standards. Each room is provided with crisp white linen, luxury towels and handmade toiletries. Additional accommodation is available in the converted former Stable Lodge & our Courtyard Apartment. These rooms are similar in style and comfort to the main house. We can also provide fold out beds and travel cots for children and babies.
“We had a clear idea of what we wanted for our big day last September; a personal bespoke wedding, and the minute we arrived at Loughcrew and met Deborah the wedding coordinator we knew this was the venue to give us that. … All the staff working there are friendly and professional and the wedding suppliers Loughcrew work closely with were amazing from the planning to the execution on the day. The house itself felt like a home away from home… The vast grounds with the idyllic scenery was picture perfect and was only made better by the beautiful romantic St. Oliver Plunkett’s church which we got married in. We cannot recommend this venue enough if you want a personal, relaxed and alternative wedding. Our guests still talk about the wedding today!” Steph & Ian September 2018
The living areas include the large Drawing Room, the Library, the Orangery, Kitchen & Entrance Hall. Each of these rooms has been styled and furnished in a way that ensures our guests have all the comforts and luxury they require while enjoying the original and eclectic style of Loughcrew House. Open fires, large dining tables, comfortable couches and armchairs, reading areas, outdoor seating, indoor garden room and a fully equipped self-catering kitchen are just some of the luxury facilities provided by Loughcrew House to ensure your stay is both comfortable and relaxed.