The Big Zip
21st of October 2016- we are currently upgrading our zipline systems so our ziplines are closed until further notice.
- 12m high and 160 metres long!
- Minimum age for zipline is 7 years old.
- Children under 16 must be supervised by a adult.
- A disclaimer form must be signed.
- Family tickets get a zip ticket included for each member.
- Season tickets holders will also get their first zip free any day you come to visit that the zip is open.
- Open 7 days a week in July and August
- Opening times are 1pm to 5pm
Zipline Number 2 – The Original Zipline
Our original zipline is a bit smaller than our 12m high zipline. Choose the zipline as one of your activities on a Half or Full Day Adventure
When at the very top of the Zip Line you stand 5m above the ground, looking down through the forest to your landing spot, you soar through the air for 100 metres. As you descend you pick up speed you zip through the trees and fly over those below you.
There is lots of fun to be had and different tricks to be performed, including the pencil (going upside down), the star and superman, as you fly down towards the landing area. Can you think of any other tricks to be performed?
As you fly through the air you can look out across the rest of the course. You can see the people below you look tiny from your height. And what’s even better is that you can have as many goes as you like on the zip line depending on your group size.
If you are scared of heights don’t let this deter you, as our extremely experienced staff have grown accustomed to dealing with this phobia and will take the extra time that is need with you to reassure you that you are safe and won’t fall, if you do finally decide to have a go. Throughout our lifetime here at Loughcrew we have helped many people with a phobia of heights to overcome this fear as they have taken the “leap of faith” to have a go. When you have jumped once than you will run back to go again!